Sunday, December 21, 2008

In This Time of Economic Uncertainty

At this time of year I always feel the tug of public peer pressure to give to those in need. Despite my giving to the United Way directly from my salary every 2 weeks, and sponsoring a child through Compassion, I feel I should do more. With that in mind I am so heartened by the giving and charity of those with great means. As much as I am an admirer of Bill Gates for his professional accomplishments, I am sure that he and his wife Melinda will be remembered more for their charitable contributions to the world. I googled their foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and found a wikipedia entry that illustrates why this may be one of the most successful charities of all time. I think I will start checking out what other leaders of the world's most successful companies are giving.


No comments:

Post a Comment